Forms list field wider than

From: <catherine_devlin_at_purpleturtle.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2001 17:47:17 GMT

I'm trying to set a poplist up in Forms 6i so that the width displayed when the user pops up the list is wider than the display on the form itself. In other words, on the form, I want to show

   ANIMAL Turtle: A sh

but when the user clicks to bring up the poplist, I want them to see

  Turtle: A shy reptile with a protective shell   Cat: A domestic pet known for shedding large volumes of hair   Llama: A camel-like beast of burden adapted to mountainous terrain

The obvious solution is to use an LOV, but that's not very good for user-conveninece, because
- it may not pop up right under the list item unless you "aim" it just right

  • it has unwanted garbage (search button, OK button)
  • it's bigger than it has to be

.. it really diverts the user's attention and interrupts the flow of entering data. Far easier for the user to just click on the list and slide the mouse pointer down onto the desired option.

Does anyone know how to make Forms do this?

Thanks so much!
- Catherine

  • Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups [Quoted] NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts [Quoted] made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse_at_newsone.net