Re: Question About Oracle Security issue.....

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:15:57 -0700

I'd be fascinated to know why?

But the solution would be a database trigger such as:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER logon_trig
AFTER logon ON DATABASE
call log_proc;

where log_proc is a stored procedure that kills the session based upon the values in v$session.

But I must warn you about one thing with a trigger such as this. If the stored procedure becomes invalid no-one is going to log on ... no matter what they do ... until someone goes into Server Manager and either disables or drops the trigger.

Don't even think about writing a trigger like this unless you can get into the database through Server Manager or have someone standing by who can.

Daniel A. Morgan