Re: Making diagram of a database

From: Tweetie Pooh <tp601553_at_cia.gov>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:38:31 GMT

"LeguMan" <leguman_at_hotmail.com> honoured comp.databases.oracle.tools on Tue 03 Apr 2001 09:38:45p with <3aca33e6$0$27806$456d72a3_at_news.skynet.be>:

> Hello
>
> I want make a diagram of my database. (A visual schema of the relation
> between the tables). But i don't found this function in oracle 8i
> entreprise.
>

> - Is oracle 8i can do this, and how ?
> - Must i use other programs ?
> - I have heard about Designer 2000, Schema manager and microsoft developper
> studio (by ODBC). ?
>

> Some can help me ?
>
> Thanks,

really depends also on the methodology you want to use and what other powers you want.

I have used the SSADM (Ver 4) from Select. It is not the best for design but is a good drawing tool and can cope with the other SSADM diagrams as well.

Most of these tools are really designed to create schemas from your diagrams not the other way round. (That is how you should do it.)

I played with ERWIN but didnot like it. (No SSADM module available at site). Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:38:31 CEST

Original text of this message