Re: Anyone used the ARCSERVE Agent for Oracle?

From: Cliff Palmer <Cliff.Palmer_at_GMACInsurance.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:49:37 GMT

Tim, strictly speaking you may not need anyones "agent". If your OS provides a scheduling facility like UNIX cron you can start a script that alters each tablespace for backup, runs the backup, then alters the tablespace back.

I mention this because my recollection is that the ARCServe agent is pricey and I though you may be able to get the same results without it.

HTH
Cliff