Re: Troubles installing Developer 6.0 and 4.5 on the same machine

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 19:10:53 GMT

Álvaro Palma Aste wrote:
> Just a final question. What exact version of Developer are you using? I tried what you told me using
> Developer 2000 version 4.5.7.6.2 and did't work. In fact, the 4.5 installer doesn´t allow
> to install 6.0 version (it returns that 6.0 requieres a higher version of the installer)

It is supposed to come with it's own installer on the CD... 4.5 usually come with a non-Y2K proof version - download 3.3 of the installer,
start it, and use the install from.. to install products off the 4.5 CD.

> I also called the Oracle Support people and they told me that only from the 4.5.10.2 version of Developer
> supports the installation of 6.0 in the same machine

Same >home< I hope?
Have been running Dev 1.3 thru 1.6.1 in combination with Forms 5 (Dev V2), later
Dev6. Even in the same home diry...
On second thought - they may have a point. V3 of the installer (the Forms 4.5 version)
does not support multiple homes... If you alrady have V6 installed, that may be a problem.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel