infinite loop in intermedia

From: srinivas nidamarthi <snidam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:56:26 +0200

Hi

I tried to index a table containing BLOB-columns, but the intermedia ran into an infinite loop. On several trials it went upto 70 hours, before I had to kill the process.

This table has about 100 MB data with BLOBs made up of MS word, Excel and PDF files. I need to provide search functionality through these files. Any help is appreciated.

I am running Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise edition on NT. I used the following command for Intermedia, which ran into infinite loop.

create index idx_Attachment_content on folder_attachments( content ) indextype is ctxsys.context
/

Thanks in advance.
Srinivas Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 13:56:26 CEST

Original text of this message