Re: WebDB problem

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:00:37 GMT

Revok wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application where I have created several WebDB forms. One
> particular form is causing problems - a straight unstructured update /
> delete form based on a table. A problem has occurred with several date
> fields on the table - a format mask of 'DD-MON-YYYY' has been applied to
> both fields. However, when a record is updated which has values in the date
> fields (as oppose to the fields being null) it complains of a locking
> error - that another user has updated the record. This problem goes away if
> the format mask is removed. It does not seem to be a problem with Oracle -
> the fields update fine in SQL Plus.
>
> Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before?

Something similar, in a Desiger generated web app. Has to do with the hidden fields
in your form - as the web is screen-transactional (you're disconnected) the only way to
check your data wasn't changed by someone else is to store the data twice: once readable,
and updateable by you, once hidden.
Upon commit, these are compared. If different, your data was changed... And, as 2-APR-01 != 01-APR-2001, someone changed the data just before you did...

Check out where your hidden data is generated, and alter the package.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel