Re: Discoverer Help needed

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:51:35 +0800

Jim Wolfe wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Discoverer and am trying to implement a SQL query using
> this tool. Is there a way for discoverer to implement a query of the
> following form?
>
> select count(distinct field1), field2
> from table
> group by field2
>
> I know I could create a view implementing this query then use Discoverer
> query the view, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of the tool.
> Thanks
> Jim Wolfe
> jim_wolfe_at_sra.com

A common workaround I use if I know the SQL is just to bung it in a file, and import it - Discoverer will convert it all to the appropriate folders, calcs etc etc

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"