Re: Who Uses Designer? What do you think?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:30:06 -0800

> Oracle's sales literature can be rather optomistc. I was just curious which
> piecess of designer you might use on an ongoing basis in real life. My
> questions are:
>
> Does anybody maintain schemas definitions and modules in designer? What are
> your thoughts on the good pieces? What do you refuse to maintain in
> designer because it doesn't work.
>
> Any input that anyone has would be appreciated. Any Oracle consultants?

Designer is a phenomenal product. It does things that absolutely need to be done with any serious development project. Its major flaw is that it is incapable to beating managers with a stick who insist on writing code first and documenting things while they are in testing-production ... which we all know never actually happens.

If you have management that will support using the tool properly get it. And yes the training requirements are quite steep. But if your management is like most management pass it by.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 06:30:06 CEST

Original text of this message