WebDB: foreign key decl.; other questions

From: Scott Vandenberg <vandenberg_at_siena.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 01:16:10 GMT

Hi --

Where did Oracle hide the foreign key declaration features (and other constraints, for that matter) in WebDB? When I create a table, there seems to be no place to specify these. Some of their documentation states that the create table wizard allows one to declare foreign keys. Any suggestions?

Also, does it have a bulk loading feature?

Finally, how does one edit a stored procedure without recreating it (and therefore rewriting all the code)? In general, there seems to be no way to change a DB object in WebDB once it's been created -- am I missing something? The UI components can all be edited, but the DB objects seem not to have this ability.

OK, in return for your attention: I discovered that if you check both the "Null allowed" and "primary key" boxes when creating a table column, the "Null allowed" check will be ignored. They shouldn't allow both to be checked, of course. Even worse, the first column in the create table wizard has them both checked by
default. I guess that's a "feature".

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

--Scott V. Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 03:16:10 CEST

Original text of this message