Re: Link Oracle 7.3 Unix into Access 97 Windows?

From: Jeroen van Veldhuizen <Jeroen_at_vanVeldhuizen.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:35:13 +0200

You will need:
- SQL*Net client installation on your laptop - SQL*Net server on your unix machine, including a working listener configution, to be able to connect to your database over TCP/IP or whatever protocol, with TNS
- Configure your laptop SQL*Net and TNSNAMES to connect to the server (you can verify this using tnsping aliasname, or tnsping80 aliasname) - install and configure ODBC on your laptop, using the alias you configured earlier.
You cannot directly connect to the database using only ODBC, you will also need SQL*NET. There might be an ODBC driver that comes prepacked with sqlnet, but I don't know that for sure.

Jeroen