Re: Help!-TRANSFER FAST TO EXCEL

From: andrew queisser <andrew_queisser_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:43:16 -0800

I asked the same question in this forum recently so you might look for that thread.

There are three approaches that seem promising to me at the moment. (I'm not at all a database kind of guy so there may be much better ways):
- Use SQL+ and spool the data to a file which you import into Excel - Use the OO4O (Oracle Objects for Ole) which you can download from the Oracle website. There are some examples how to write VBA Excel macros that get data through those objects. - Use SQL XL, which you can download (a limited version) from the www.oraxcel.com website.

My preliminary tests seem to suggest that this is much faster than going through ODBC/MS Query

Andrew