Re: Recover to another machine with RMAN?

From: Bill Border <bb22_at_uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:41:33 -0700

Hello,

 We use RMAN with Veritas, but the concepts are the same. There is a concept with Veritas called "alternate client restore". This is where we make a backup on server A, and restore it onto server B. We do this by changing the Veritas config file on server B to say that it is really server A. It's pretty easy. Would this apply to Legato too?

Bill

If this posting has been useful, visit http://dbamon/com ; low-cost full-function DBMS monitoring tool.