Re: WebDB vs JDeveloper

From: Blair Christie <blairc_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:56:48 -0500

Awesome comments! This is exactly what I want. Thanks. The discussion I am having at work is coming down to the same thing this discussion is coming down to. Is Java or PL/SQL better to develop in and the answer to that question comes down to what your skilled and what you want to develop in. I guess with Java a good designer would have make better use of the portability and reusability strenghts but a good Pl/SQL programmer could do the same think. I guess what I see as the only disadvantage of PL/SQL is the portability of the business logic. With the JRE issue if you move Java to middle tier you could get around any upgrade issues relatively painlessly.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Blair Received on Sat Mar 24 2001 - 16:56:48 CET

Original text of this message