Re: newbie: how to get oracle data into Excel or Access

From: andrew queisser <andrew_queisser_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:39:49 -0800

As far as databases are concerned I don't care whether it's SQL Server, Oracle,
Informix or a flat file on the other side. I just want it to return the data to me
fast, fast, fast so I can do some work on it.

Now talk about which C++ compiler or frame grabber to use and you can bait me into a flame war ...

"Steve Bell" <swayne.bell_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:3ABB4330.15384B69_at_sympatico.ca...
> I've got to agree with you TurkBear,
> Sometimes there's a near riot in this newsgroup when someone mentions
 anything
> other than Oracle (ever seen the threads comparing Oracle to SQLServer?).
> I"m not referring in the least to Dan's posting in this thread by the way.
>
> It's just that sometimes posters seem to take their life in their hands if
 they
> mention that they're even THINKING about using something other than
 Oracle.
> Larry must be smiling all the way to the bank.
>
> Steve
>
> TurkBear wrote:
>
> > Well, he could be trying to do statistical stuff that Oracle can't
 handle (
> > median, for instance) of he may prefer Excel's graphing capabilities, or
 he may
> > prefer to use Excel's much superior cross-tab functions...
> > Not everything is a nail so a hammer isn't enough of a tool set...
> >
> > "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I agree. But one might also ask what he thinks he is going to do in
 Excel or