Recover to another machine with RMAN?

From: Krisztian Rassay <krisztian.rassay_at_sysdata.siemens.hu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:52:51 +0100

Hi,
[Quoted] the conteptual question is the following: is it possible with RMAN (with Legato Netwoker)
to recover a database to another machine, not to the one, where it was backed up?

A live situation: host X is the Oracle DB Server, and makes the backups. But it crashes,
and will be newly installed, but with new IP Address und new Hostname. Can I recover
the my Databases?

As I see, it depends on whether RMAN in the Recovery Catalog (we are using that!)
stores the name of the original backup machine, or not?

Any hints are welcome!
Chris Received on Tue Mar 20 2001 - 12:52:51 CET

Original text of this message