java stored proc.??

From: (wrong string) üller <christof.mueller_at_andaro.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:32:46 +0000

Hi everybody,

 I've got a 8.1.7 running on a linux system and need to access a file via ftp on a VMS System and write some of that data to the db. Does PL/SQL provide such a functionality (some kind of ftp package) or is it a better idea to write a java stored procedure.
Has anybody any experiences writing java stored procedures? Is it easy to learn (I'm already a java programmer) and to install? What about performance?
Do I have to use SQLJ or can I write data to the db using a JDBC driver (that's the way I always did it)?

Thanks in advance
Chris Received on Tue Mar 20 2001 - 13:32:46 CET

Original text of this message