Bulk loading data straight from MSSQL7 into Oracle 8i

From: Philip Obbard <pobbard_at_hotresponse.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:25:21 -0500

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm in the process of merging a Coldfusion/MSSQL7 application into my firm's [Quoted] Perl/Oracle8i-based application.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm at the final step of moving data from MSSQL7 into Oracle 8i, and I'd [Quoted] [Quoted] like to know what the best way is to do this. I have replicated ALL the [Quoted] tables structure from SQL7 inside our 8i DB (so I can finish converting the [Quoted] data inside Oracle); now I'm trying to move the data.

[Quoted] I'm using the MSSQL Data Transformation Manager (DTS) to pull selected data [Quoted] from SQL7 and insert the rows into the 'duplicate' table inside Oracle 8i. [Quoted] This works, but it's very very slow (4000 rows takes about 10-12 minutes). I'm using the MS OLEDB library to connect to Oracle and SQL OLEDB to connect to SQL7.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I realize I'm leaning heavily on the MSSQL tools to do this, and I'm wondering if there's a better way to bulk-move data from an MSSQL7 server into Oracle.

Thanks,
Philip Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 17:25:21 CET

Original text of this message