How to write data to OS pipe using PL/SQL

From: Szymon <smanduk_at_profidata.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:53:18 +0100

Hello!

[Quoted] How to write data into an OS pipe from PL/SQL procedure?

I have to write C programme acting similar to ftp-deamon. Programme waits for data to be placed in pipe by PL/SQL routine, then sends the data futher to a non-Oracle RDBMS.

I'm looking for possible solutions.

I found dbms_pipe package which implements, as far as I understood its description,
communication of messages between database sessions based on internal to Oracle memory
structures. So I think this is not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

BTW, communication is bidirectional so I have to write another programme, which will place recieved data into Oracle database. But I think this can be done using Pro*C/C++ precompiler.

TIA Simon

P.S. I'm not an expert in Oracle technology so please be understanding if the question is vague. Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 18:53:18 CET

Original text of this message