Re: Is it possible to create a System tablespace with Local managed extent?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:23:06 GMT

[Quoted] On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:50:15 -0800, "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

Daniel, PMFJI.

>I then issued something similar to the following:
>
>CREATE DATABASE DEV
> CONTROLFILE REUSE
> LOGFILE 'F:\ORADATA\DEV\log01dev.dbf' size 6M reuse,
> 'F:\ORADATA\DEV\log02dev.dbf' size 6M reuse
> MAXDATAFILES 1000
> MAXINSTANCES 3
>-- ARCHIVELOG
>-- or
>-- NOARCHIVELOG
> CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
> DATAFILE 'D:\ORADATA\DEV\sys1dev.dbf'
> SIZE 120M
> AUTOEXTEND on
> NEXT 120M
> MAXSIZE 240M;
If at this point you stop your script, run the catalog.sql and then do a:
SELECT * FROM DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS;
you'll see a SYSTEM rollback segment there.

> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT systm_rsp
> TABLESPACE SYSTEM
> STORAGE (INITIAL 128K NEXT 128K MINEXTENTS 2 MAXEXTENTS 100 OPTIMAL 256K);
>
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT systm_rsp ONLINE;
>
>And that was all that was created.

[Quoted] and if nothing else is done except run the catalog.sql, I can assure you if you do the same SELECT above, you'll now get two rollback segments in SYSTEM: one called SYSTEM, the other called SYSTEM_RSP. Guaranteed as much as the sun coming out tomorrow morning (if the darn Mir thing lets us have another morning...).

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Mar 15 2001 - 10:23:06 CET