sqlldr flaking out on ZONED and DECIMAL data

From: Mike Moore <hicamel_at_mail.home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:19 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am not sure if there is something wrong with sqlldr or something wrong [Quoted] with my data. This is because I don't know what "exactly" sqlldr is expecting to see. Frankly, the documentation is poor in this area. What I [Quoted] [Quoted] need is to see hex values for what is acceptable in ZONED or DECIMAL fields.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have created the data using SQL on an IBM mainframe from an IDMS database. [Quoted] Then I FTP the file onto my PC. Some of the fields are ( using COBOL terms [Quoted] [Quoted] here ) SIGNED ZONED DECIMAL, UNSIGNED ZONED DECIMAL, and COMP-3. I can't seem to get any of these to work in a consistent manner.

All that I need to know is what SQLLDR is expecting to see when for example you
[Quoted] use something like:

[Quoted] [Quoted] my_element position(1,6) zoned(6,2),

thanks,
Mike Received on Thu Mar 15 2001 - 04:00:19 CET

Original text of this message