DBA best practices/tools for development process?

From: William Milbratz <milbratzNOSPAMPLEASE_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:28:53 -0600

Hello,

[Quoted] We're on a development project which has recently gone from 2 people to many more. As the dba, I'll need to formalize the development procedures--i.e. formal database change requests, etc. I'm looking for "best practices" -- i.e. dba change request forms--plus any scripts that might come in handy for documenting and communicating between the devlopers and the dba. (e.g. generating a table layout, with comments from Oracle into html, for easy browsing).

It's basic stuff, and I could easily come up with procedures and code utility scripts myself, but I thought there might be resources out there for this type of thing.

thanks in advance,

bill milbratz Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 16:28:53 CET

Original text of this message