Problems installing OAS 4.0.8.2.1.a on NT- Universal Installer disappears...

From: Andrew Hardy <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:44:08 -0000

Hi,

When I try to install OAS 40821a onto our server, the Universal Installer disappears without completion around about the point of 'Calling action generalActions1.7.0.19.5 setenv' (according to the install log). No parts of OAS appear on the menu bar... but the installer is installed. If I subsequently try to install using this installer, I get a jrew application error but the installation continues in the background until it has copied wrcfreg.man - at which point it all halts.

Annoyingly, it installed without problems on a spare workstation that we had sitting around...

I've raised a TAR, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere...

Anyone else experienced this? Did you solve it?

Andy

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Advantica
Technologies Ltd