dynamic sql and BLOBs in oracle 8i pro*c

From: Kentucky Dan <danielrlevy_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:33:05 -0600

Oracle 8i/ProC Gurus:

How can I read BLOB data in Oracle 8i Pro*C while employing dynamic SQL? I can read other types of data by modifying the descriptor to force the data to a long varchar format before fetching. This worked great in Oracle 7. The program still compiles under Oracle 8, and fetches all data types OK except for the new BLOB data type where the program complains about incompatible data types. What I want to do, if I fetch a row containing BLOB data, is to fetch a complete row of data using dynamic SQL, then I want to fetch the contents of the BLOB columns in that row, then I want to process all the data columns, then I want to fetch the next row, etc.

Thanks
Dan Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 08:33:05 CET

Original text of this message