embedded passwords

From: Soljer <soldier_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:51:32 -0500

Hello,

[Quoted] We are looking to reduce internal credit card fraud in our company by setting up user security in Oracle so that everyone has their own unique ID [Quoted] and password and so that passwords expire every 90 days.

The problem: We have many applications that were created in-house that contain embedded ID's and passwords so I was told we can't change ID's and passwords in Oracle. My questions are:

  • What are other people doing out there in a case like this? Is there any way to take the embedded ID's and passwords out of the applications and still have them function correctly?
  • Or can we leave an ID embedded in an application without embedding the password so the user using the app will be prompted for a password each time [Quoted] they use the app? This way we could set expiring passwords, lockout settings etc.

[Quoted] I'm a newbie with Oracle - any info appreciated!

Thanks Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 21:51:32 CET

Original text of this message