RMAN: change backupset ? (w/NetBackup)

From: Mike O <ora7dba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:21:28 -0600

I have been trying to delete a backupset from RMAN (8.1.7.0) using Veritas's NetBackup for the media manager. Do you see anything wrong with the following statement? For the life of me I can not get this to work. I have checked my syntax and I think I have it right. Has anyone written a series of scripts to do this kind of work?

In reality.. I want to be able to delete/expire a series of related <primary_keys> related to a backupset which took place a particular day. Thanks!

run {
# Catalogue Maintenance
# Deleting backup sets

allocate channel for delete ch1 type 'sbt_tape';   change backupset 326 delete;
  release channel;
}

-Mike Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 17:21:28 CET

Original text of this message