Re: Bad theory

From: Alexander Chupin <chupin_at_hotmail.ru>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:22:01 -0000

Hi Sybrand Bakker,

Thank you one more for your patience, especialy thanx for correct example with dba_lock view. Believe me I already quite understood that in order to escape this problem need index for child table. Moreover I never built before child tables with foreign key and without index. But please last one more.

My main question: why Oracle behaviour is DIFFERENT when trigger for master table enabled and when it disabled?

if I execute following sql statement

alter trigger m_br_trg disable;

in dba_lock I can see (after I run insert and update in different sqlpluses which i described in previous letters):

20 Transaction Exclusive None 327768 29991 6 Not Blocking 20 DML Row-X (SX) None 25754 0 6 Not Blocking 24 Transaction Exclusive None 262188 29653 6 Not Blocking 24 DML Row-X (SX) None 25756 0 6 Not Blocking

if before running insert and update execute

alter trigger m_br_trg enable;

in dba_lock I can see

20 DML None Share 25756 0 3 Not Blocking 24 Transaction Exclusive None 131100 29381 6 Not Blocking 24 DML Row-X (SX) None 25756 0 6 Blocking

I think it will be easy for you check this results.

That's all. I exhausted my not quite good English trying to explain what specifically is strange for me ;-). If you till see nothing strange in this situation you can skip this letter.

PS:
in my example
session 20 is for update statement
session 24 is for insert statement

PSS: I hope I not very tired you

WBR, Alexander Chupin Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 22:22:01 CET

Original text of this message