Manipulating CLOBs in PL/SQL

From: Izabella <Izabella.Urbanek_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:54:31 +1100

Hi,

[Quoted] I am attempring to concatenate a whole lot of values together to pass to an [Quoted] "execute immediate" statement which will insert a row into the database
(don't ask why!). The values can be strings or CLOBS, therefore I would like
[Quoted] to store them in a local variable of type CLOB.

However, it seems that you can only work on CLOB locators which have been selected from a table. All I want to do is to define a CLOB and work on it
(using dbms_lob.append among others) in a similar way to how I would work
with a string. Is this possible? Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution?

Thanks
Izabella Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 00:54:31 CET

Original text of this message