Re: text reports

From: Jeroen Dekker <Jeroen_at_Square1.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 18:04:36 +0100

Hello,

Our commercial ps2text software extracts the text from PostScript files and turns it into clean, formatted ASCII text files. The cool (i.e. unique) thing about it is that it maintains the original positioning of the text, making it ideal for data like tables, forms and bills.

The ps2text batch/developer tools are available for Windows and UNIX platforms, and enable you to hook the filter up to your PostScript printing flow as an automated process.

If this sounds like a solution worth pursuing, you are welcome to send me a couple of sample PostScript files. I'll send them back to you as text files, and i'll be glad to discuss your requirements off-list. Hope we can help!

Best regards,

Jeroen Dekker

--
The Graphics Connection