Re: How do I store files in 8.x?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:40:49 -0800

> I'm building a client server application with Microsft Visual FoxPro 6.0 and
> Oracle 8.
>
> I want to store report-files in the central Oracle database, so I can
> update the reports of the different clients through the database. The only
> purpose is to distribute the files, nothing more...
>
> I want to use BLOB or BFILE, but I don't now how to pass the information to
> the database. (I use the latest ODBC drivers 8.05.00)
>
> I use Sequel Pass Through and Remote Views as programming techniques.

I don't know if what you want to do is possible. But I wonder why, with all of the robust tools available from Oracle you would choose to use a product that will likely be eliminated by Microsoft in the near future and a technology, ODBC, that has a reputation for being slow and insecure, to create a new application.

Seems like you are making this about as hard as you possibly could.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 06:40:49 CET

Original text of this message