Re: OEM and RMAN

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:28:23 GMT

I'm pretty stubborn about most things. But I finally gave up on running RMAN through OEM. After a number of false starts I reached someone at Oracle tech support who really knew RMAN and OEM and he couldn't get it to work either. But I'll be watching this thread to see how others have fared.

Van

<siggy_at_guesswherespammers.com> wrote in message news:986dg8$1cc$1_at_news.netmar.com...
> Is anyone actually using OEM to backup their NT databases with RMAN?
 Having
> reached a comfort level with how RMAN works, I'm really having a fit
 getting
> backups to run on a remote server's databases. Of course, they are an
 older
> version of Oracle (8.0.5 vs 8.1.6) - and yes, I've set up the separate
> catalog - I can log into rman from the command line and connect to the
> appropriate recovery catalog - but NOT thru OEM. Metalink seems to reveal
> lots of issues using OEM and RMAN. Before I embark on this search and
> destroy mission, I'd just like to get a feel for whether or not I should
 just
> bail out of using OEM with RMAN and use AT and RMAN scripts to do what I
> need.
>
> Thanks for any and all opinions...

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.net Received on Thu Mar 08 2001 - 02:28:23 CET

Original text of this message