Re: transferring Kanji from Excel 2000 to Oracle8.1.6.3.0

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 23:57:06 -0800

> I have Kanji data entered and viewable in a Microsoft Excel 2000 spreadsheet.
> When I Save As a tab delimited text file, and try to SQL*Load the data into my
> Oracle database, all I see is junk characters. Somehow the Kanji characters get
> corrupted in this transfer process.
>
> Has anyone ever done this transfer successfully? Please email responses to
> UnixDBA_at_aol.com. Cheers!

What language is your instance?
What NLS_LANGUAGE parameter do you have set in SQL*Plus? What font sets do you have on the workstation you are using to view the table.

It may not be that the data is corrupted. It may just be your view of it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Mar 07 2001 - 08:57:06 CET

Original text of this message