Re: C++ connection to Oracle

From: John F. Keaveney <johnkeaveney_at_targusinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:43:49 GMT

I wrote a C++ wrapper around OCI 8 some time ago. It is a bit of a bear to use and understand all of the various handles and relationships. I just started playing with the Oracle C++ class library for OLE db. Very nice, very straightforward. I would recommend this. I really like pro*c but loosing the context sensitive coloring in VC++ and having your errors show up in a different file than what you are coding in (the post pro*c compiled .c/.cpp files) makes maintenance and debugging a little difficult.

Thanks,

    John