Re: How to reduce memory for oracle ???

From: Roman Starek <starek_at_pluto.spsselib.hiedu.cz>
Date: 6 Mar 2001 16:18:33 GMT

thierry feillu <thierry.feillu_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> I installed "oracle8i" on one "AIX 4.3". A connection "sql*plus " consumes
> 30 MB OF MEMORY on the server (process unix). Is normal it???. Which are the
> parameters which it is necessary to modify to reduce the used memory.
> A+

        Typical case case of this problem is setting sort_area_size to high in init.ora. Every bigger sorting in session cause to allocate memory till reaching upper bound given in sort_area_size parameter. This setting is posible to do using alter session set sort_area_size = command. Try to check that way.

        Starous Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 17:18:33 CET

Original text of this message