Installation of an SNMP agent for Oracle 8.0.5 (WinNT)

From: Danny Dorfman <donotreply_at_interbulletin.bogus>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 08:27:16 +0000

I followed all the instruction in Oracle's manual for installing its SNMP Master Agent on Windows NT, yet it doesn't work. I made sure the OracleSNMPPeerMasterAgent service is running (as well as OracleSNMPPeerEncapsulator) but my testing utility always times out. I am using the following command line to test my computer:

snmputil getnext localhost public .1.3.6.1

(from the Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit) It responds okay with other hosts running different SNMP agents, but not on my machine (the one with Oracle's master agent). How can I diagnose the problem?

Danny

Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 09:27:16 CET

Original text of this message