100501: non-ORACLE exception

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:07:17 -0800

We have a form that is giving us a strange problem. It's in Forms 6, but run on a UNIX box in character mode. We have hundreds of forms out there this is the only one that is behaving this way.

On WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM, we get this error after a MESSAGE and RAISE_FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE:
" 100501: non-ORACLE exception ."

What seems to bring this on is this:

  1. WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM calls a database packaged function that returns a boolean - this is our validation function. Example:
  2. If the boolean returns FALSE, we give a message.

Example:

IF :ASNM1_B1.STORE_CD IS NOT NULL THEN
  IF NOT CS_MISC_UTIL.IS_VALID_STORE_CD(:ASNM1_B1.STORE_CD) THEN    FAIL('Store Code not on file.');
  END IF;
END IF;
"FAIL" is a procedure in our Forms .pll library and all it does is give a
message via MESSAGE and then does a RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE.

It also only seems to happen on CHAR form items - in another field that's a NUMBER datatype but does a similar validation routine, it doesn't happen (our FAIL message comes up as expected but the 100501 error doesn't happen, which is what we want).

All other forms on our system are behaving OK - it's just this one that gives this error on.

We've also changed the form property for runtime compatibility from 4.5 to 5.0 and back again - it has no effect on this.

When validation passes (our validation routine returns true and therefore no FAIL is called), everything's fine - it's only when we fail validation and call the FAIL which does the MESSAGE and RAISE_FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE.

Anyone know what this error means and how it's caused? We do validation like this in many other screens and it's no problem there.

Thanks,

Matt Received on Sat Mar 03 2001 - 04:07:17 CET

Original text of this message