1 Datablock/Multiple Datasources

From: Derek Sedillo <dereksurfs_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:16:35 -0500

Hello

[Quoted] I have a case in which I need to point a datablock(PR_INSRD) at 1 of 2 different tables, depending on user input. I am doing this programatically thru using the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY function for DATA_SOURCE_NAME. This works.

These two tables are identical except for "1 column" (claim_sysid). This is a
required column for one of the tables(cp_insrd). Because it does not exist in
both tables I cannot use it as a database item in this block (PR_INSRD).

How can I programatically include or exclude this column/or item(claim_sysid)
in this data block when performing queries, inserts, updates,etc...?

The easiest way to do this would be include a claim_sysid item in the datablock and change the Database item:no/yes programatically. But there is no
set_item_property for this.

Any ideas on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek Sedillo

                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.