Newbie Forms 4.5, LOV, and displays

From: Michael McGrath <mcgrathm_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:21:02 +0000

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]     I've searched documentation and text books without success to try [Quoted] and do the following simple thing.

        When the form retrieves  data some of the fields might be codes
        e.g.  table orders might have field item codes that refer to
descriptions of the items in table item.

        I simply want to be able to define a non table text item that displays the item description for an existing item code.

        This should change when the user selects a new item code from a LOV.
         The question really is what trigger should be used in such a case.

        I'm sure this is very easy but I just cannot get this right.

        All help gratefully appreciated.

                    Michael.