some question abt IMPORT utilities

From: lkw <lkw_at_axiomatique.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:35:27 +0800

hi all,

say if i have a dump file from one database and now trying to import the dump file to another database (total different set of tablespaces), what will be the database objects in the dump file tablespace allocation? (if tables are previous stored in tablespace_1, index stored in tablespace_2, etc)

coz when i look through the parameters supported at IMPORT utility, there are no where to specify the tablespace allocation. yet, different database objects supposingly are to be imported into different tablespace (somemore, my new database have total different set of tablespace, with different tablespace names compared to old database)

i haven't physically tried out this but this question raised to me when i am studying the EXPORT and IMPORT documents. since EXPORT and IMPORT are logical backups, can we say that all the database logical configuration (e.g tablespace, users, etc) should be the same?

hope that anybody who has experience on this problem can help me to resolve this puzzle. thank you. your helps would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
lkw. Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 11:35:27 CET

Original text of this message