Re: "Format" Trigger in Forms???

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:07:17 -0800

"Christof Müller" <christof.mueller_at_andaro.com> wrote in message news:3A9B910A.2139E084_at_andaro.com...
> I'm looking for something like the
> Format Triggers in Reports.
> Problem is to mark every single
> line in a multi record block with
> a background color (depend on items value).
> SET_ITEM_PROPERTY(VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE)
> will mark all records with the same
> color.
> Example (if item = 1 then color = red, else
> white):
> No. item color
> 1. 1 red
> 2. 0 white
> 3. 1 red
>
> Does anybody know how to do this with
> Forms 4.5 (I know, the forum is Forms 6i,
> but the customer .... )
>
> Thanks for your help

Look into SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY. It's mostly for setting item attributes on a record-by-record basis. However the available properties you can set are fairly limited (nowhere near as many as SET_ITEM_PROPERTY), so I'm not sure if the property you're looking to change is available. Pull up the online help (hit F1) and see what it says is available for SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY.

-Matt Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 07:07:17 CET

Original text of this message