Re: What to backup in Oracle?

From: user Linux <kankossa_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:33:04 GMT

Dans l'article <gtla9tg0kh7nqed6crmj95ctjmlc0juegm_at_4ax.com>, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> a écrit :

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:41:48 GMT, "user Linux" <kankossa_at_free.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I find the following script for backup the oracle database. But I don't
>>know what to do exactly.
>>
>>#!/bin/sh
>>PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export PATH echo "BEGIN: $(date)"
>>file1="YOUR_DATABASE_$(date +%Y%m%d).dmp" file2="YOUR_DATABASE_$(date
>>+%Y%m%d).log" exp userid=login/password file=$file1 log=$file2  full=yes
>>echo "END: $(date)"
>>
>>I know that my instance has the same name as th db_name both called
>>"bas1" as I can see from initbas1.ora in /pfile directory.
>>However in can't find where this base lies physical, grep, find can not
>>find it.  What to replace in place of "YOUR_DATABASE" in the above
>>script? Can somebody helping me?

> This in an export script. Export is *logical* backup, not *physical*, so
> in this case the location of your files is completely irrelevant. The
> script assumes the env var ORACLE_SID has been set. I would you this
> variable for YOUR_DATABASE warning: export as logical backup can not
> replace a physical backup
>
> Hth,
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Thanks for reply.
My ORACLE_SID=bas1. Now when I replace "YOUR_DATABASE" by any file like "somthing", the script works and backup me a file called somthing_20010222.dmb and somthing_20010222.log. Is this means that the DB has been effectivelly backup even if I dont mentionne "bas1" anywhere in the script?
How I can restore?

What the difference between logical and physical backup? [Quoted] [Quoted] In the case of physical backup, where is the emplacement of the my database "bas1".

Thanks so. Received on Thu Feb 22 2001 - 19:33:04 CET

Original text of this message