Using LogMiner Tool

From: Paolo Selvi <pselvi_at_carabinieri.it>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:30:59 +0100

My production system is running RDBMS ORACLE 8.0.5 and I have to use LogMiner tool in order to trace user activity. Given that the LogMiner retrieval functionality does not work on Oracle 8.0.5 I have to move log data to my development system (running ORACLE 8.1.5 ) and process them on this system. So the scenario is:

  • A n. 01 Windows NT machine with a RDBMS ORACLE 8.0.5 in archivelog mode (Machine A)
  • B n. 01 Windows NT machine with a RDBMS ORACLE 8.1.5 in archivelog mode (Machine B) I created the dictionary file on the Machine A and I transferred this file on the Machine B. I transfered the archivelog files to analyze from A to B. On B I used the dbms_logmnr_addfile to create the list of log file to analyze. In the v$logmnr_logs I can view the correct information on the log file. On B I used the dbms_logmnr_start to read the dictionary file to use. In the v$logmnr_dictionary I can view the correct information on the dictionary file. Now in the v$logmnr_contents I can view information such sql_redo, sql_undo, but the values of username, session_info, session#, serial# are the default values (NULL for the varchar2 fileds and 0 to the number values). The auditing variables on A are setted to "true". Is anybody able to tell me how to have a complete listing?

Thanks

P.s.

If I use the LogMiner to read the log file from B to B, with the same procedure, there are no problems . Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 15:30:59 CET

Original text of this message