Your Mail from last week

From: Carsten Peters <carpet_at_wanadoo.es>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:08:23 +0100

Dear Christopher,
Sorry for not having answered sooner. I have been in Germany for business and there was no time to answer. When I came back I accidently deleted your mail. I know you put down a lot of questions and suggestions, etc. but I do not remember all of them.

Yes, I am preparing for OCP on Developer. I have finished all necessary ILTs and right now I am trying hard on finding time to study. The need to pay my bills urges me to work, so that takes off a lot of the time I wanted to dedicate to Oracle.
At the same time we (2 friends and I) will raise a new company within a few months. The company will provide business services for small and medium companies for networking, routing and databases (we are going to get certified within this year in Oracle, Cisco and MS Win2k). We all work as IT trainers at the moment.

My hobby are languages that's why I am interested in the Oracle translation tool. Do you have any experience with it? Any good links? Another point of interest is Linux. I have run Oracle on SuSe 7 but reality always brings me back to Windows unfortunately.

So this gives you a bit of my actual situation.

Concerning Oracle, I use the OCP Study Guide from Osborne. I downloaded the tests you indicated and have found some more helpful pages on the internet. From my point of view, there is little need to buy any more books, tests, etc. I know that I have to take the above mentioned book and try to put the sentences piece by piece into my brain.

I AM very interested in charing a study group, however, I cannot promise that I will be a big help. It sounded in your as if you have advanced a lot yet.

Please, let me know what your plans and ideas are.

Again, thank you for mail.

Sincerely,
Carsten Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 19:08:23 CET

Original text of this message