C Precompiler/Ora_FFI - best way to communicate with Windows API??

From: Lesley Boughner <lesley_at_vimich.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:42:09 -0500

Hello everyone.
I'm about to begin trying to communicate with some mileage software. It's a 32 bit Windows DLL.

All of the examples I have are in C.

What is the best way to do this and why? I've read about many options and I'm just not sure which is the best way to go.

C Precompiler? User Exits? Ora_FFI?
I haven't used C in a while, but I'm sure I can figure it out if that's the best way.

I'm running Developer 2000 (forms 6.0) with and Oracle 8i database. Workstations are Win95/98 all on an NT 4.0 Network.

Thanks for you help & if you need any more info let me know.

Lesley. Received on Tue Feb 20 2001 - 21:42:09 CET

Original text of this message