Novice question about oracle 8.1.7 for windows!

From: 95459906 <95459906_at_moscow.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:00:50 +0800

Hi!

[Quoted] I've installed oracle 8.1.7 on windows first time but when I wanted to start sql+ (by typing SQLPLUS on the command prompt), it prompts me to enter username and password, but I've not set any username and password for me before during installation. When I tried to type sth to it, it denied my access! In fact, I just installed the core package as well as its utility for sql+! Should it be the sources of problem? What should I do now? Any experienced users can help me? Thanks a lot!

regards,
Laurence Received on Sun Feb 18 2001 - 11:00:50 CET

Original text of this message