Re: IFS daemons will not stay up

From: Gordon Cartwright <gordon_cartwright_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:10:55 +0000

I think this may be the same issue I had yesterday on AIX. Have a look at the log files within the $ORACLE_HOME/ifs<ver>/log dir. If its the same problem two of the logs from the IFS processes have a message about TNS permissions.

I my case the problem was that root could not invoke Oracle and connect to the database with ORACLE_SID set, it needed to go via the listener with TWO_TASK. The problem is easy to recreate with sqlplus, but the only hits I found on metalink for it were to do with NOSUID mounts and incorrect suid bit on the oracle executable. These didn't fit the problem, so I've raised a TAR.

If your problem matches, then you should be able to work around it be amending the ifs.env (I think thats the name) in the ifs<ver>/bin dir to use TWO_TASK instead of the ORACLE_SID. If I've got the name wrong, check the ifsstart script. The env file is sourced quite early on.

Hope this helps.