Conversion of BLOB's to LONG RAW?

From: Matt Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:07:22 -0800

All,

[Quoted] I'm working with a client who insists on using ADO and the Microsoft ADO Provider. BLOB's must be stored as these BLOB's must be replicated to another database and LONG RAW's can't be replicated.

The problem is this: the binary image must be returned from a stored procedure to an application written in VB using the Microsoft ADO Provider. Whenever a BLOB is returned, the application simply hangs. When the column was a LONG RAW, the application worked like a champ.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to convert a BLOB to a LONG RAW and if so, how? 2) Is there a size limitation on OUT parameters for VARCHAR2 in a stored procedure as the thought occurs that I could use the DBMS_LOB.READ package and method. The client's binary traces approach 16K in size.

Thanks to all,
Matt Houseman Received on Sat Feb 17 2001 - 17:07:22 CET

Original text of this message