Re: Form6i Compilation Error on Old Form Files

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2001 18:14:52 GMT

>Subject: Re: Form6i Compilation Error on Old Form Files
>From: "Steve" schen_at_prodigy.net
>Date: 2/15/01 7:43 PM GMT Standard Time
>
>No, I don't have 'Cannot attach library ... ' errors.
>
>I narrowed down the problem to one line as:
>----
>run_product(reports,'a',synchronous,runtime,filesystem,null,null)
>----
>
>Exact error message is "compiling procedure process_function_key.....too
>many declarations of 'run_product' match this call." Oracle support
>suggested to change null,null into '','', but not work. While all
>required pll files have been compiled and put into the current dir and path
>dir, library files should not be the issue.
>
>While Oracle support is slow to this, all who have insights please offer
>some help.
>
>Thanks a lot
>

>"L120bj" <l120bj_at_aol.com> wrote in message
>> >Subject: Form6i Compilation Error on Old Form Files
>> >From: "Steve" schen_at_prodigy.net
>> >Date: 2/14/01 5:52 PM GMT Standard Time
>> >
>> >I have problem compiling the same fmb file using Form6i. There is no
>> >error of compiling using Form4.5.
>> >
>> >The message said: " procedure call_proc must be identified.....". I
>> >find nowhere indicate that it should while it already does. If it
 is
>> >not, form4.5 would not compile it sucessfully.
>> >
>> >So it should be related to Form6i, the higher version of Form engine.
 Or
>> >any environment issue? I use higher version of db, the 8i while
 Form4.5
>> >using db of V7.3.
>> >
>> >Any help is greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >Steve
>>
>> Hi Steve,
>> Did you get any 'Cannot attach library ... ' errors when you opened the
 form
>> ? If so the probability is that the procedure is in one of the libraries
 that
>> the form needs. If you can locate and attach the libraries required you
 will
>> probably be able to compile the form.
>> Regards,
>> Rob

Hi Steve,
  I seem to remember seeing tha 'too many ...' error before being caused by the datatype of one of the parameters being of the wrong type. It may be worth checking what the datatypes for run_product parameters are under 6i and comparing them with those passed in the form. Regards,
  Rob Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 19:14:52 CET

Original text of this message