Deploying JSP with Business Components to Tomcat

From: Alexander Kornacki <acorn_at_pronet.kiev.ua>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:40:06 +0200

Hello,

I just began working with JDeveloper and am now trying to deploy a set of JSPs with
Business Components, created using JDeveloper's wizards, no more than it's described in
JDeveloper's tutorials.
I'm trying to deploy it to a standalone machine with Tomcat & Oracle Client installed on it.
By now, Tomcat's. own JSP examples running OK, and I can run the very simplest html
and jsp pages in my deployment package. But when it gets to more complicated ones,
I get 500 Error

Error: 500

Location: /examples/d2ewebapp_html/DeptView.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendError(HttpServletResponseFacade.java:157)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.unknownException(JspServlet.java:299)

        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:377)

        at

        at

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Looking in Tomcat's window I can see a stack of errors, but I can't see all of them in 25 lines. But thinking on what I could see and having compared all the JSPs, I have a little suspicion about such stuff:

<%
 // make sure the application is registered  oracle.jbo.html.jsp.JSPApplicationRegistry.registerApplicationFromPropertyFile(session , "d2eWebApp_OnlineOrders_OnlineOrdersModule");
%>

It seems this method fails and I can't see what to do right now. Hope you can help...

Alex. Received on Thu Feb 15 2001 - 13:40:06 CET

Original text of this message