granting role in application

From: Joost Bataille <bataille_at_ic.uva.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:38:48 +0100

Hello everyone,
[Quoted] I'm trying to grant a user a role in an application. That means that before [Quoted] login a user only has 'create session' privilege. With that privilege he logs in and in the first form in the post-logon trigger something has to be [Quoted] done to grant another role. I've seen this done by changing a user's default [Quoted] role: the user already has a role with the required object privileges
(selects on tables etc.) but this role is not his default role - it's not
active when he logs on. In the form the default role should then be changed
[Quoted] (doesn't this require the user to connect again?). Any ideas how to do this?
[Quoted] The purpose of it all is that a user loggin on with SQLPlus doesn't have any privileges.
Thanks, Joost Received on Tue Feb 13 2001 - 18:38:48 CET

Original text of this message